Friday, November 16, 2018
Follow us on
Entertainment

Weren’t informed that the show is going off air’

October 24, 2018 05:56 AM

COURTESY MIRROR MUMBAI OCT 24

Weren’t informed that the show is going off air’
Says ACP Pradyuman, Shivaji Satam, on the channel’s decision to pull the plug on the crime drama series; producer-director BP Singh promises CID will be back but unsure of format, cast, budget
| Natasha.Coutinho@timesgroup.com
TWEETS @Natasha7_Mirror

Shivaji Satam who played ACP Pradyuman, the lead character of the popular crime drama CID, for 21 years is shocked by the channel’s sudden decision to pull the plug on the show. “CID has become a part of our lives. It is like someone has cut off an organ from our body,” said the distraught actor who was shooting for a Marathi film on the outskirts of Pune. He will return to Mumbai after a week after which he plans to meet the team and discuss what is going to be their next course of action.

On Tuesday, Sony Entertainment Television released a statement: “Having completed 20 years, CID is the longest running cult show on Sony Entertainment Television. It has been a great journey so far, along with Fireworks Productions, CID will now take an intermittent break starting 28th October, 2018. The last episode of the show will be aired on 27th October, 2018. The show will gear up for a renewed season with a lot more contextual cases keeping alive the thrill that the audience has experienced so far.”


Satam revealed that they have banked three-four episodes, shot around 15 days ago. "Now that the channel has decided to abruptly end the show, I don’t know if they will even be aired,” he rued, admittting that the decision has come as much as a shock to him as it has to the many CID fans going by the calls and messages he has been inundated with since the announcement. “Everyone is equally stunned by the news. I don’t know if the channel will want us back. We weren’t even officially informed that it's going off air,” he groused. Reflecting on the show's two-decade run, Satam sighed that it is the fans they will miss the most. "We've been entertaining them all these years.”

Creator, producer and director BP Singh told Mirror that he plans to bring the show back in a few months. "We will propose and channel will decide in what format it will return. It may not be episodic anymore. The cast too will be decided depending on their decision," he pointed out, adding, "Though we have a strong fanbase, we are now competing with the i web series. The most crucial thing is the budget which will not be as much as before,” he concluded

Have something to say? Post your comment
 
More Entertainment News
एक-दूसरे के हुए दीपिका-रणवीर, देखें शादी की सबसे पहली तस्वीरें
मंडप में दीपवीर, कुछ ही देर में पूरी हो जाएगी शादी की रस्म
साल की सबसे बड़ी शादी, दीपिका-रणवीर आज होंगे एक-दूजे के
साउथ फिल्‍म 'सरकार' को लेकर विवाद बढ़ा, डायरेक्‍टर मुरुगदास के घर पहुंची पुलिस रणवीर-दीपिका के विवाह बारे इटली भारतीय दूतावास में एडवोकेट हेमंत द्वारा आर.टी.आई. मुंबईः शाहरुख खान ने जन्मदिन पर घर के बाहर जुटे समर्थकों का किया अभिवादन
अनुपम खेर ने FTII के चेयरमैन पद से द‍िया इस्तीफा, कहा- समय नहीं है
सुशांत राजपूत पर लगाए सेक्शुअल हैरेसमेंट के आरोपों से संजना का इनकार
BB12: ये 4 कंटेस्टेंट हुए नॉमिनेट, घर में वाइल्ड कार्ड की एंट्री
तेलुगू आर्टिस्‍ट विजाग प्रसाद का 75 साल की उम्र में निधन