Friday, August 17, 2018
Follow us on
BREAKING NEWS
अग्नि को समर्पित हुए अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी, बेटी नमिता ने दी मुखाग्निअनंत में लीन हो गए देश के प्यारे नेता अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी, नम आंखों से दी गई अंतिम विदाईशुरू हुई अटल के अंतिम संस्कार की प्रक्रिया, कुछ देर में दी जाएगी मुखाग्निमंत्रोच्चार के बीच अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी का अंतिम संस्कारहरियाणा सरकार ने फसल ई-सूचना वैब लिंक पर किसानों द्वारा बिजाई की गई फसलों और ई-गिरदावरी के उद्देश्य के लिए पटवारियों के प्रमाणीकरण करने की ऑनलाइन सूचना हेतु एक प्रणाली विकसित कीस्मृति स्थल पर अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी का अंतिम संस्कारराष्ट्रपति रामनाथ कोविंद ने दी पूर्व पीएम वाजपेयी को श्रद्धांजल‍ितीनों सेनाओं ने दी अटल जी को अंतिम सलामी
Haryana

Karnal airstrip expansion hangs in balance

July 20, 2018 05:38 AM

COURSTEY THE HINDUSTAN TIMES JULY 20

Neeraj Mohan neeraj.mohan@hindustantimes.com
Karnal airstrip expansion hangs in balance
FARMERS UNWILLING TO OFFER LAND, ALLEGING LACK OF TRANSPARENCY IN STATE GOVT’S LAND ACQUISITION POLICY

KARNAL:The proposed expansion of Karnal airstrip is hanging in balance as farmers are not willing to offer their land required for the project, alleging lack of transparency in the government’s acquisition policy.

Since the government increased the area of notified land from 28 acres to 280 acres in May this year, the farmers allege foul play and want clarification on three issues — the purpose of land acquisition, what would be the price and how many acres of land is actually required.

“As of now, there is no proposal to set up a domestic airport in Karnal and the successive governments have been misleading people. The government just needs about 28 acres to expand the present runway from 3,050 ft to 5,000 ft for landing of light transport aircraft of VIPs,” said Inderjit Singh, a farmer of Kulwehri village, whose 31 acres of land came under the notified area for the project, including 16 acres in 28 acres earlier required for the project.

Suspecting the government intentions , he said, “Though the government has failed to persuade the farmers to get the required 28 acres near the airstrip, it has increased the notified area to 280 acres in February this year, without giving any reason.”

As per the current policy, if the government gets offer of land from 70% farmers, it would have the right to acquire the remaining 30% land, which is actually required and it will not acquire the entire 280 acres, he added.

Another farmer Subhash Khokhar, whose 20 acres are under the notified area, also raised questions over intentions and the land acquisition policy of the state government.

“This is the first land acquisition policy we have seen that does not mention the price of land. But once a farmer offers the land, the government has all powers to decide the price,” he added. He said all farmers would be ready to offer their land but the government will have to announce the price first.

As per the officials in the revenue department, only 162 acres of land was offered by 120 farmers on Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation’s portal e-bhoomi till the last date, June 30. Later, the government again extended the date for the farmers to offer their land to September 30.

When contacted, Karnal DC Aditya Dahiya said, “Earlier, the district administration had floated the demand for 28 acres and 4 kanal of land adjoining the airstrip, but so far only few farmers have applied.

Have something to say? Post your comment
 
More Haryana News
हरियाणा सरकार ने फसल ई-सूचना वैब लिंक पर किसानों द्वारा बिजाई की गई फसलों और ई-गिरदावरी के उद्देश्य के लिए पटवारियों के प्रमाणीकरण करने की ऑनलाइन सूचना हेतु एक प्रणाली विकसित की हरियाणा मन्त्रिमण्डल की बैठक आज सायं सात बजे मुख्यमंत्री मनोहर लाल की अध्यक्षता में हरियाणा भवन दिल्ली में होगी शिक्षा मंत्री के संरक्षण में भाजपा पदाधिकारियों पर वक्फ बोर्ड की जमीन कब्जाने का आरोप फरीदाबाद और पलवल सेक्शन की 18 शटल ट्रेनों का टाइम टेबल बदला, दो से पांच मिनट तक का बदलाव AMBALA-प्ले-वे स्कूल के ड्राइवर ने 6 वर्षीय मासूम का किया यौन शोषण, बवाल पर एफआईआर दर्ज, गिरफ्तार HARYANA सरकार का सुप्रीम कोर्ट जाने का निर्णय कर्मियों को नामंजूर Hry govt to file special leave petition in Supreme Court against HC order प्रो० कप्तान सिंह सोलंकी ने 17 अगस्त, 2018 को बाद दोपहर 2 बजे चण्डीगढ़ में हरियाणा विधानसभा भवन में आहूत किए गये अधिवेशन के आदेश को वापस ले लिया हरियाणा के सभी सरकारी कार्यालयों ,स्कूलों में कल शुक्रवार 17अगस्त को छुट्टी, वाजपेयी के निधन पर सरकार ने की घोषणा मनोहर लाल ने पूर्व प्रधान मंत्री श्री अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी के दुखद निधन पर शोक व्यक्त करते हुए उनके निधन को देश, राजनीति और भाजपा के लिए एक अपूर्णीय क्षति बताया।